November 14, 2022Summertime Reminders
First-Time Boat Buyer Checklist
October 28, 2020
Is there a more exciting time than buying your new Cobalt and getting ready for a full day of fun on the water? OK, well, we suppose your wedding day or the birth of a child might compete for that distinction! Either way, fun is just around the bend but there are still a number of details to keep in mind before you head out on your maiden voyage. For you first time boat owners, there are some simple but important steps to consider. And if this isn’t your first boat, it never hurts to take a refresher course. Shout out to our friends at Discover Boating for some great tips to help you ease into boat ownership!
- Secure boat insurance
- Learn how to trailer your boat
- Learn how to launch and retrieve your boat
- Determine where you will store your boat
- Understand basic maintenance requirements
- Stock your boat with the proper equipment
- Follow a pre-departure checklist
- Master basic on-the-water operating skills
- Always practice safe and responsibly boating
- Enjoy your new boat!